Foster parenting is hard, and we’ve enjoyed helping other foster parents. One thing that we’ve noticed is that when it comes to solving problems, it helps to try something new. This has worked for us, and it has worked for other foster parents that we have worked with.
Have you ever heard the saying, “There’s no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone”? We feel like this is true in foster care too. It is when we have pushed ourselves outside of our comfort zones that we have grown the most.
Some of our biggest leaps outside of our comfort zones are:
- Becoming foster parents
- going from 1 teenage boy to 2 teenage boys
- going from 2 teenage boys to 3 brothers
- going from burned out and “done” with foster care to a sibling group of 4
Don’t do it all alone!
I think it is easy, especially as foster parents, to simply accept that foster parenting is hard, think that we have to carry this burden alone, and let ourselves get burned out.
Some reasons it is hard to ask for help:
- Everyone thinks foster parents are “amazing” parents
- People assume that your home is perfect
- You think you should be strong enough to do it all alone
We want to help you!
We want to help foster parents be better. We know it is hard; we experience it everyday. We are committed to doing whatever we can to help. Here are a few things that we have to offer.
- Free 20 minute coaching call/video conference
- Free Smart Foster Parenting Facebook group
Coming this Summer:
- Affordable 6 week coaching course
- Monthly membership site where you can receive trainings, connect with other foster parent, and share your own experiences with others who might need your help
Almost everything we do is free because we really want to help you, and we do it on our own time from our own resources.
Call to Action:
Visit our work with us page or click HERE to sign up for a free 20 minute coaching call. We want to be able to help you get through these hard times. We’ve been there and we can give an outsiders view and help you!
Join our FREE private Facebook group HERE!
Thanks so much for listening. Stay tuned next week to hear more…
If you liked anything we had to say, share this with your foster parent friends, and please go to iTunes and leave us a 5 Star review and Subscribe. This will help us reach and help other Foster Parents.
Until next time!
Ben & Deb Pugh
The Foster Parents